THE BURNING DESIRE

Friday, June 09, 2006

THE PERSON WHOM I HATED THE MOST

THE PERSON WHOM I HATED THE MOST

Today I am here to make a confession, you are my jury and u will give the verdict. Yes, I killed the person whom I hated the most .Yes it was a cold-blooded murder, I committed the unthinkable act but he left no other options for me. If I had not killed him then it would be very impossible for me to retain my own identity from his clutches.
One fine morning when I woke up, I found him sitting opposite to me and staring at me with his bloodshot eyes... I faced the stark reality of his presence in my life and I shivered with fear. Yes I was running from him for how long I don’t remember but more I tried to ran away from him the more he swayed control over me. I have no respite from him and I hated him from core of my heart. He traumatized me and was on verge of killing my true self. He always tried to dictate my life. Whenever I tried to rebel against him he ruthlessly trampled me under his feet. He ruled over me.
For him I was like a puppet that danced to his whims and fancies. He occupied my inner space and slowly and steadily he made inroad towards me, I always thought him as insignificant part but my unacknowledgement of his presence in my life proved disastrous for me. He confronted me in his monstrous proportions and I was unable to put a brave front against him. He imprisoned me in his old ideas and his set of obsolete principles. He always presented a false picture of mine; I hated his gloominess and perversity.
He started dictating me in every walk of life. He tried to make me what I was not, I battled with him but was vanquished .I lost the hope, and I knew I am going to die an inglorious death. I recollected how I first met him. He came with a pleasant smile on his face but I was unable to see his devil intentions. Yes he was spreading like a cancer and I have to confront him. At that morning he sat opposite to me I questioned him about my existence and my purpose of life for which I descended on this earth, he was speechless. He didn’t utter a word, just stared at me with cruel blank eyes.
I wanted to be tame less, swift and proud, I wanted to smell the fragrance of freedom and at that moment I gathered my all energy and thundered “enough is enough I want to be free from you” my voice echoed and my confident voice showed chinks in his Armour, yes I saw the silver lining on the horizon, he was trembling and shaking, I got hold of a flower vase at my bed side with dried daffodils in it and I threw it with full intensity at him. It made a deafening sound and soon the room splashed with shreds of glass of the mirror. The room showered in bright sunlight. I massacred my fears and inhibitions; yes I killed my pessimistic self. In pure ecstasy I came out of my bed and immersed myself in the heavenly benediction of sunrays. It was a brand new day for me…

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bit too Verbose..!!

6:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhh.....A Blunder...Brutual,
You Killed your other half....Now, you must live in this world with only half of you supporting you...

From Pessimism comes the flare of Optimism (from the ashes of failure comes the fire of success); death of pessimism means death of optimism as well for the reason that they qualify each other - they are interdependent, not independent.

Kunal

12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kunal
so do u want to say that one should sulk because of her/his pessimism and let it be a part of herself\himself.The thing which is holdind us to spread ur wings must be suppressed otherwise it will engulf you. ya, its true that fire of sucess comes from the ashes of failure ,but fire can only come out from cinders not from ashes, ashes can only kill ur self. thanks for ur comments.
X

3:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you could not get my point...
cinders are found in ashes only...

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had really liked this piece when you had read it out in class... i thought it was rather optimistic and inspiring... ND

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was this your first time fighting with your alter ego ?
Every evening I think how i have spent my day - and there is everlasting fight in me .There are bad and good moments and most people want to be more and more perfect .I think it is very good .But you said yesterday life was SIMPLE and people complicate it . I 'd love life to be simple but every day something happens - and telling the truth - we are never FREE - we are nvolved in reality with its norms (laws) and often we can do nothing and we even cannot fight with reality surrounding us .It is a deep subject to discuss . No non-inhabitant islands to find and start living to feel FREE .
I know I am talking like a pessimist now. May be it means I should commit the murder on the second half of myself like you did - even if it is done in imagination .You are my guide and I am listening ....

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I agree to some of the comments and don't agree to some... (A sign that I am still human enough!!!)

And yeah Cinders are found in ashes only... and haven't we heard of phoenix rising from the ashes... A symbolism of hope... Light after dark... Fighting back after defeat... It just means that you should not surrender till you can fight.

Pessimism and Optimism are two sides of the same coin. You can always see one side if you want to but can you really make it one sided??? Can u erase the other side??? I am afraid it might be possible theoretically but practically, buddy, you have to live with both of them.

Life is just a balancing act between twos... Can be virtues or vice... Can be agony or happiness... Can be love or hatred and of course can be pessimism or optimism.

The better you have a balance between the twos, the better you can lead your life.

Cheers,
Nishant Gaurav

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home